"How to Be Great at Public Speaking and Get Paid for It"
"I couldn't believe it when I got my first check."
I'm writing this after getting back from a long bike ride. I have a
really cool high-tech bike that I just love. Plus it gives me some
exercise after I've been sitting too long in front of this computer.
Do you know what really makes me mad? It's when I see someone who read
a couple of books on presentation skills and then they call themselves a
professional speaking coach.
Yes, it's true that some of the best coaches, especially in sports,
were not always the best players, but when it comes to learning speaking
skills there is just no way you can train someone else unless you've been
on stage quite a few times yourself.
In fact, incompetent training has made fools of some big name speakers
who bombed after taking the advice of some of the "book learned
Most people that try to get into the speaking business lose money and
disappear quickly. If you are one of the ones that do make money,
congratulations, but there are many new ways to turn your knowledge into
really big profits.
It's relatively easy to pull in $100,000.00 plus a year in the speaking
business working from home (if you know exactly what to do and how to do
I'd like to help. You'll discover the most advanced and modern speaking
tips, genius techniques (the audience will think you are one) and
strategies used by top speakers around the world. I want you to find out
how you can be one of those top speakers.
This website will help you get all the tricks of the trade and show you
the best working techniques for:
- Getting paid speaking commitments.
- Getting higher fees when you speak.
- Doubling or tripling the value of each speaking engagement.
- Using high tech but easy to use electronic time savers that cost
only $1.00 per month.
- Getting clients to call you.
- Making back of the room products quickly and inexpensively.
- Selling large amounts of product (I have sold as much as $185,000.00
in one two hour speech)
- Pre-selling products so you don't have to haul them to each speaking
- Easy and cheap electronic marketing techniques so that people around
the world know your name.
Over the past 12 years I've tried everything when it comes to marketing
speaking commitments . . . networking, mailing, cold calling, free demo
speeches, speaker showcases, and every wild and crazy method I could think
of. I've figured out what works and what doesn't work.
And, of all the businesses I've owned, and I've owned quite a few, this
one has the best lifestyle and makes the most money for the effort
expended. I easily make more money in a day now than I used to make all
month and when I get in the right situation in front of the right crowd
like I did when I sold 185K, that's two or three years salary at most jobs
and I did it in two hours. I know small business and I know the speaking
business. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
As a successful speaker (I've done over 2200 paid presentations) I can
tell you that the "so called" presentations coaches simply can't be
credible unless they have had significant platform time and have the
ability to really WOW an audience. I've run across plenty that have been
speaking for 20 years as part of their job, or in the military and they
still stink. How can they teach you if they don't know how to do it
Now don't get me wrong. There are some fine coaches out there, but many
have a purely theoretical approach and don't have a clue about what works
in front of today's short attention span audiences.
I know they don't. I've talked to many of them. I've seen their
proposals and heard their theories. Ask them how many times they've been
paid to speak. Ask them what big events featured them. You'll hear quite a
bit of back peddling. That's because their biggest event was reading about
a speech Cicero did.
This is a Great Business
I used to make $75.00 per speech
and kill myself doing 4 or 5 a day just to barely make a living. NOW, by
using the techniques I've learned, I just raised my fee so I make $9500.00
per speech / $10,500.00 per day, and travel the world accepting only the
best gigs. Just think what it would mean to you and your family if you
grabbed that same kind of success.
Real People / Real Money
You've probably been
bombarded with offers for books, tapes, and seminars that promise giant
earnings and no work. Not very believable right? Speaking and
training are real business services that are used by corporations,
associations, schools, churches and other organizations. There are many
other people in the country who make a decent living this way. I
happen to be one of them. If you don't believe me about the money paid for
speakers, type in the term "Speakers Bureau" in one of the major
search engines. This will take you to websites where people go to hire
speakers. Many of the websites have fee ranges listed. You'll be shocked
to see the amounts of money corporations and associations pay speakers
that you probably never heard of.
The Perfect Business
The speaking business can be
done part time or full time. You don't have to quit your job and you can
run your speaking business from a small area of your home with virtually
no overhead. You can travel if you want AND the client pays the bill, or
you can stay in your home area and sleep in your own bed every night. . .
. The choice is yours.
You can go full time speaking when you feel the
time is right.
Imagine sitting at home watching daytime TV and the phone
rings. It's someone asking if you are available to speak to their
group two months from now. You fax them the agreement and they send you a
deposit check like the one below to guarantee they can get you. You could
be pulling $5500.00 per week for a few hours work. Their money is in your
bank account working for you and you've got two months to think about what
you are going to say.
Tom, this sounds too good to be true. Show
me the money.
This check just came in (note date July 14th). $5500.00 Payment in full
in ADVANCE for one hour and 15 minutes! (Sorry for the blurriness.
Checks are hard to scan.)
Here's a 50% deposit one week later on a full day ($6500.00) to be
delivered in August.
What a great birthday present! (note date 7/26 Tom's birthday) This is
the balance of the speech to be given in August. Everything is paid in
advance. All I have to do is deliver . . . .and I will!!!
If you like to travel, this business
provides lots of opportunities for you to go and have the client pick up
the bill. This past year, besides all the "Plain Jane" cities, I've
been to Montreal, Reno, Lake Tahoe, Atlantic City, New York, Miami,
Houston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Ottawa, Winnipeg, Bermuda,
Monterrey, Mexico AND here are two of my favorites:
1. I spent 4 days in Honolulu, Hawaii to do a 20 minute speech . . . .
Hey somebody has to do it!
2. I spent 11 days in Thailand to do a one hour speech and a 20 minute
press conference. I traveled all first class and stayed in Five Star
Hotels. And Boy did I have fun in Bangkok!!!
Oh! I forgot. I'm scheduled to speak in Morocco in
Update: Also in November this year
I'm booked in London and they already booked me next year to go to
On a couple of the deals I was able to negotiate an extra airfare so I
could take someone else with me. What a way to get a FREE vacation!
Cruise on by
Did you know that you could trade a
few on board speeches for cruises all over the world? Cruise lines use
"enrichment speakers" AND these speakers don't ride in the engine room
like the hired help. It's first class all the way. Last year I had my
choice of over 100 cruises (I didn't take any because the shortest one was
two weeks long and one was "around the world" in 90 days. I would have
lost too much money missing other speeches).
Tom, I'm getting pretty comfortable speaking at small
gatherings, but I'm not really comfortable speaking to large groups
Want to hear something that will be unbelievable to you?
Johnny Carson had severe stage fright every day he walked on to the
Tonight Show stage. (For you youngsters out there, Johnny Carson
was the guy that was there for the 30 years preceding Jay Leno) Sir
Laurence Olivier had virtually debilitating stage fright and still he was
one of the best actors ever. There are simple strategies to help control
the natural anxiety of speaking in front of groups. Don't forget you won't
be nervous at all depositing those Big Checks. hahaha
Plus: Don't worry. Lots of
the income will come while you lounge around at home.
Half or more of the income from this business comes from extremely high
profit educational materials. Example: my book Wake
'em Up Business Presentations costs me $2.00 to print and sells for
$24.95. That's a 1200% profit. I get orders for this book every day by
phone, fax, Email and directly off my website. I don't even have to leave
the house. You can learn how to stimulate demand for products while you
sit at home in your bathrobe.
Tom, I don't have a clue what I would talk about to
corporations and associations
It doesn't matter what you've
been doing with your life, or what you do for a living. Chances are,
you've learned something. You may not realize what it is yet. But I
guarantee you, there is something you know that others will PAY to have
YOU teach them. You will learn how to turn your expertise and life
experiences into salable topics that will mean CASH for you and your
Where could you be?
Let me tell you what could
happen to you if you become a paid speaker. You could own that house and
car you've always dreamed about (I paid cash for my white Mercedes). You
could travel extensively anywhere you want to go and have someone else
pick up all the expenses. Your whole outlook on life could change. Can you
imagine the feelings you will get when someone comes up to you after a
speech and tells you that you changed their life? . . . I don't have to
imagine it because it happens to me. I want you to experience that feeling
too. . . . How about the first time someone asks you to sign their
book for them? I was uncomfortable with it at first, but I got used to
real fast in Dallas, Texas when I had 250 people lined up around the block
to get my signature.
You better be
ready for a sharp jump in your social activities. When you are the star of
impactful speeches you'll start getting invitations to parties, people
will ask you to lunch, you'll get FREE theatre tickets, tours and lots of
other freebies. I've gotten books, tapes, CDs, movie tickets, dinners,
fine pens, polo shirts, pet supplies, vacations, cameras, computer
programs, telephones, all kinds of coupons for FREE stuff. I even
got a behind the scenes tour of the White House which included the Oval
Office . . . . and no it wasn't an "intern" giving me the tour
hahaha. . . . It was a Secret Service agent who saw me speak. This
is just a sampling. I couldn't possibly remember all the things given to
me because I was "the speaker." People admire someone who can stand up and
move a crowd to action. They want to brag that you use their products.
They want to be around you hoping some of your brilliance will rub off on
If you are single, you could have just about all the dates you could
possibly handle. Do a good job speaking and you are like a magnet to the
Tips If You Really Want to Make Money with Public Speaking
You must get people calling you to ask you
I have devised a series of ways to get clients to call to ask me to
speak, order my products for their audience members, and to get to know me
better before they trust me to speak at their important event. I do
absolutely NO COLD CALLING.
Let me explain.
When you cold call someone you have to call 20 times to get through
their voice mail, and you never get return calls. If you do talk to
someone (who is probably not the decision maker anyway), you have to try
to find out if they have a need for speakers. If they don't have a need,
you have to try to create a need. If by some stroke of luck you are able
to do that, then you have to find out if they have any money. This is a
massive exercise in frustration.
Contrast that scenario with this. I sit back and wait for the phone to
ring . . . well that's not entirely true. I sit back and leisurely work on
ways that good qualified clients will hear about me and call me to find
out more (and I sneak in plenty of time to read my bicycling magazines
When the client calls you, the whole nature of the call changes. They
have already seen you, read about you, or heard about you somewhere else
so they are "pre-qualified" in that they already are interested in what
you do. If you have set things up correctly, they already know you are a
professional and they know you charge for your services. Most of the time
they are calling to see if you are available on the date they want you to
Once you set the wheels in motion you can get an endless stream of
inquiries for your speaking services and your tapes, books, CDs or
whatever else you want to sell. . . . everything is done
automatically. You can literally go on vacation and still have phone
and Email sales and speaking requests coming in.
Why is getting away from cold calling so important in this kind of
Your speaking fee will be tied directly to the
celebrity image you are able to generate and CELEBRITIES DON'T COLD
I'm not talking about household name celebrity status like
Garth Brooks or Celene Dion. I'm talking about being extremely well known
in your chosen industry(s) to the point where people always want you to
speak and they buy any product you produce.
The time you would have spent cold calling will be spent in
You will be creating more and more products to sell to
your target audience even further increasing your income potential. This
is easier than ever with today's fast and cheap computers.
You will be doing no-cost electronic promotions that will
spread your name all around the world.
Let me repeat what happens -- You get your name to appear in
the places where qualified prospects go. They read, see, or hear about you
and call to either ask for more information, or to hire you directly.
Facts and Figures
Professional level paid speaking is not a get rich quick
scheme or some kind of fad. For many years thousands and thousands of
individuals from all walks of life and with all kinds of educational and
experience backgrounds have made a very comfortable living speaking,
training, consulting, coaching and selling informational products.
Much of this can now be done from home. You don't always
have to be on the platform to make lots of money speaking. I'm making
thousands of dollars doing Telephone Seminars now sitting right at my desk
in my shorts and sporting a two day beard. . . . No power suit
necessary to sell your knowledge to hungry learners around the world.
According to the Speaking Industry Report by Lilly Walters
most speakers report that more than 51% of their income is derived from
work done off the platform. In other words from product sales, consulting
and coaching. For those of you that are nervous about speaking, this off
stage work can mean lots of income for you and your family and you never
have to get nervous before a speech. Your income is derived from selling
Now I don't want you to think that you can slap together a
program and jump on stage at $10,000.00 per speech and become an instant
millionaire. And don't think you are the next Tony Robbins or Zig Zigler
either. You are the next YOU and you must learn the professional
techniques both these speakers know so that you can be the next highly
Another survey noted that 8 out of 10 people working for a
living either want to, or are actively preparing to start their own
business. Are you in this group? Much of their resistance is that they
either don't know what to do or feel that all their experience will be
wasted if they quit their job or leave their industry. This couldn't be
further from the truth in the speaking business. All the experience you've
gained in both life and in business can be crafted into salable programs
for the corporate and association markets.
Again from the
Walters Survey here are the average fees reported by working professional
speakers for different kinds of speeches.
National Keynote $9148.00
Local Keynote $5493.00
National Breakout Session $4952.00
Local Breakout Session $2926.00
The Walters survey showed that the number of available
speaking commitments is on the rise.
My fee as a non-celebrity speaker is $9500.00 This fee is
more than double what it was just three years ago and it would have been
higher a lot sooner had I known what I know now about the speaking
I make more in one hour than most people make in two
months. Hard to believe isn't it! But these kinds of fees are earned by
speakers every day.
If that's not enough to convince you that speaking is
lucrative, then think about this. There are nearly 600 speakers bureaus in
the world and they get paid on straight commission. They must book
speakers or they don't eat.
Rough estimates show that there are between 75,000 and
100,000 professional speakers in the U.S. alone and when you add trainers
the number goes up into the millions. Can you see how easy it is to get
lost in the crowd? It is absolutely essential that you stand above the
rest if you really want to get a good share of the business. Yes, you can
probably eek out a living just calling yourself a speaker/trainer and
taking whatever low fee jobs come your way, but who wants to just get
The field is so wide open that anyone with any kind of
business or life experience can make it and make it big in professional
speaking. You don't need a PhD or even college degree to be a great
speaker. I know several high school dropouts that went on to motivate and
inspire audiences for years and for big fees too. All it requires is that
you learn some innovative and intelligent techniques to be great on the
platform and to market your products and services.
Running a speaking
business is fantastic if you do it right. Do you have any idea what it
costs to startup most retail businesses? Literally tens of thousands of
dollars or more. The speaking business can be operated full or part time
right from your home. You probably already have a computer. You don't even
need your own microphone unless you want one. The meeting planner always
supplies this. You probably even have the equipment necessary to make CDs
on your computer.. They don't have to be fancy to make you lots of
How much will you need to start your speaking business? The
truth is that you can start it for under $50.00, but this means you will
be trying to find speaker meetings to attend every month (these aren't
Toastmasters meetings. These would be meetings of professional speakers
which are much harder to find) and trying to learn bits and pieces here
and there. This is a very slow process. You could intern for a
professional speaker and do a bunch of low end work in return for exposure
to what it takes to run a speaking business. Again, this could take a year
or more if the speaker you worked for was kind enough to help you learn
while you were there.
If you had four or five thousand to blow you could get a
reputable coach to spend a day with you and pound you full of information.
I doubt seriously that much would stick. There is just too much to learn
in one day.
You really have to watch out because as I told you earlier,
many of the people trying to teach speaking and speaker marketing have
never done it themselves. Finding good reliable information is the key to
keeping your costs down and not wasting money (I wasted $2700.00 in
one shot on a brochure and still have the color printing that was never
used . . . .and it's twelve years later).
I really learned my lesson. I'm very careful of where I
spend my money on marketing and my own training. I've made all the
mistakes. I don't want you to make them too.
Sometimes this information is so costly to learn that people
with good potential quit because they can't afford the "entry" fee. What a
Anyone can do this if they can get the right direction from
a credible source at a reasonable price.
Learn from the Best
Talk about learning from the best . . . Let me tell you how I learned
how to be really great on the platform (if I do say so myself). I was
outgoing to start with so I didn't have too much nervousness to overcome.
I was also a comic entertainer and learned lots about humor while doing
that. I thought I would easily become a top speaker so I tried hanging out
my shingle as a speaker thinking that the world would come beating on my
door . . . . It didn't happen.
I didn't know the techniques to be great during a professional
presentation and I definitely didn't know the marketing techniques
necessary for this kind of product. I would have starved to death had I
not had money saved up.
So here's what I did.
I took the long slow route. I gave free speeches, but not much came of
that. I got a mentor, but I couldn't really dominate his time that much. I
went to speaker's meetings which were great, but they were only once a
month and usually only covered one niche topic. If I was already good at
that topic, then another month would have to go by until I would get a
shot at another topic that I desperately needed.
The smartest thing I did . . .
I became the tape librarian for the local professional speaker's
chapter. I had access to hundreds of hours of audio tapes specifically
designed for speakers. I heard the best-of-the-best tell how they did it.
I heard examples of their techniques and I heard lots and lots of
techniques . . . . more than I could use in a lifetime of speaking.
I must have listened to over a thousand hours of tapes. I started using
the techniques and gradually I got better and better and started getting
hired more and more at higher fees than I ever dreamed possible. I kept up
the learning. I paid $640.00 per hour to learn some of it. My speaking fee
kept rising and other speakers were begging me to help them with their
speeches and marketing.
Speaker Marketing Tips
Here are some of the things I learned:
Easy ways to get business
- Push Marketing Techniques. To reach thousands of prospects at
virtually no cost.
- 5 cool deals you can make to skyrocket your product sales.
- How to use "just in time" printing to save Thousands of dollars and
close a higher percentage of deals.
- How to double or triple the value of each speaking trip.
- Distinctive (and cheap) packaging ideas that get your stuff past the
mailroom and opened faster.
- No-cost media marketing methods that get new clients to call you.
- Advanced database marketing techniques . . . you'll know just who to
call and exactly when to call them.
- How to pre-sell products and educational materials so you don't have
to schlep them with you, OR sell from the platform.
- How to use hi-tech electronic time savers that cost only $1.00 per
- Website tips that get tons of prospects to your site.
- What to say and what NOT to say when marketing to associations and
corporations. Never put your foot in your mouth again.
Speaker Performance Tips
Easy performance techniques that get you high evaluations and
- 3 ways to Make 'em Love ya before you even get to the state where
- How to do pre-program interviews that guarantee high evaluations.
- 4 ways to Bombproof your presentations.
- 2 cools ways to eliminate the need for notes.
- 5 criteria to predict the response of any audience.
- 3 great resources for dealing with an international audience.
- The best trick ever to eliminate Hecklers BEFORE they start to
- Seating techniques that triple the volume of laughter and
- Opening and closing formulas . . . all you have to do is fill in the
- Special tips, tricks and bonus lessons that make you look like a
- 20 Story telling tips . . . just one of them will double the
interest level of any story.
- How to use hypnotic emotional language to force people to action.
- 11 attention gaining devices . . . You'll make insomniacs out of
your audience members.
- Fantastic props and prop handling techniques that will make you the
talk of the meeting.
- Organization and cross-referencing of material so you can prepare
Easy Humor Techniques
- Humor formulas to Make 'em Laugh exactly when you want 'em to.
- 28 specific humor delivery techniques . . . no more wondering how to
say a ludicrous line.
- 33 ways to use humor . . . without telling jokes.
- See FREEZE FRAME VIDEO that will show you exactly where to look and
how to act when delivering ludicrous material.
- 9 great sources for speaker humor.
The main thing I learned when I started speaking professionally is that
I didn't even know what I didn't know.
Here's what I mean.
Every profession has it's tricks of the trade. I used to burn up
canister after canister of propane and spend hours trying to fix copper
pipes that had frozen in my house in the winter. A plumber showed me a
trick with a piece of bread that took care of the problem in about 30
seconds. I would have never known about that trick in a million years if
he hadn't shown it to me.
Here are some of the tricks I learned about speaking professionally:
"Pre-Program Work, Introductions &
- Wake 'em Up Openings . . . Learn the exact techniques of surprise
- Know your audience better than they know themselves with a
sophisticated Pre-Program Questionnaire.
- The number 1 secret to GUARANTEEING a home run presentation every
- How to use audience listening patterns to your advantage.
- Advanced Seating Methods for laughter, interaction and involvement.
- The "Scorekeeper" technique to eliminate the need for notes.
- 5 criteria to predict the audience response to your material.
- International resources and concerns so you guarantee a connection
with diverse audiences.
- TOP SECRET " *** asterisk *** " technique to eliminate hecklers
BEFORE they heckle. (I have to kill you if you reveal this to anyone)
- Advanced microphone handling techniques to put you in total control.
- What to do about distractions to turn them into OUTSTANDING parts of
- Handling introductions professionally so you come on with a "bang."
- How to use "test humor" on the audience so your opening never bombs.
- 4 opening formulas. All you have to do is plug in the info.
- 3 Bonus Genius Techniques . . . They'll think you're your the
highest ranking member of Mensa.
"Bits, Bombproofing, Attention Gaining Devices, and
- The number one technique to eliminate notes and make you look like a
- Attention gaining devices that guarantee your message will get
- Bombproofing techniques that guarantee your humor will never fail.
- Humor formulas you can use over and over again in each presentation.
- Pre-planned ad-libs . . . You'll look extremely polished when you
know what to say when something goes wrong.
- Prop handling AND an incredible value, wholesale source for cool
- How to use expanded voice inflection to double the interest of your
- Advanced Question & Answer Techniques that will make you look
like the most powerful speaker on the program.
- Cool tricks and tips about using visuals that will make you
- 3 no-brainer closing formulas . . . Easy & Powerful.
"Make 'em Laugh and Tons of Ways to Use Humor WITHOUT
- Quotations. . . . How, when, and why to use someone else's words.
- Custom visuals . . . Masterful ways to make your visuals market for
you long after the presentation is over.
- Special instructions on using "the most powerful form of humor" to
your BIG ADVANTAGE.
- The Handiest Humor Formula and how to apply it whenever you want.
- Acting techniques for ludicrous stories . . . Make your stories
hilariously come alive!
- Punch line techniques . . . Deliver it properly and they laugh
- Copy, without being a copycat . . . Use other people's humor with
- Another humor formula you'll use over and over again to make your
- How to get your audience "ready" to laugh. . . . Be your own warm up
- How to make your point with "dumb questions" . . . and not look dumb
- How to play outrageous audience gags . . . so they will never forget
- Fun audience involvement techniques . . . These can be used to grab
- How to use easy-to-find Jokebook Jokes . . . and make them work.
- How and why to whisper to one person . . . Watch the rest of them
- Clothing tips for video and videoconferencing . . . Learn from my
- Learn how to use ludicrous acronyms, cartoons, comic strips, comic
verse, music, costumes, one-liners, signs, places, maps, words, top 10
lists to generate laughter, excitement and learning in your
- How to use copyrighted material legally and how to find copyright
- Learn a great genius technique to use when your time gets cut.
- How to find 9 great sources for targeted humor.
- Learn the cheapest, sleaziest way to get a standing ovation . . .
and make the meeting planner happy you did it.
"Sources & Organization of Material and Storytelling
- 2 completely different and complementary ways to organize your
material for quick access.
- How to cross-reference stories, humor and other material.
- Advanced practice techniques . . . forget about using a mirror.
- A cool "trick with a brick" . . . for evaluating your gestures.
- How to use your friends . . . for speech practice that is.
- Coaching suggestions so you don't get burnt.
- Toastmasters vs National Speakers Association
- How to identify a story . . . Hundreds surround you every day.
- 3 things to ask yourself after you identify a story.
- The best way to get into a story . . . Suck them in deep to reduce
- The hows and whys of multiple length stories . . . Use the same
story in lots of settings.
- Specific techniques on adding emotional language to your talks to
move people to ACTION!
- 10 dos and don'ts of storytelling . . . Use these to triple your
- Tom's maverick transition ideas . . . What in the heck is he going
to do next?
- What to do about non-participant, participants . . . i.e., the
cross-armed, cross-legged, sourpuss.
"Speaking 4 Money"
- 2 major entities that hire speakers . . . You've got to know their
lingo or you could blow it with just a few wrong words.
- The best results oriented resource book for speaker marketing . . .
This is the icon of the industry.
- Lots of other proven and reliable ways to make money speaking.
- How to create in-demand educational materials and other easily
salable speaker products that will double your income . . . AND also
keep money coming in while you're on vacation, or if you ever get sick.
- Learn how to create a simple and contemporary Electronic Magazine
(Ezine) designed for today's computer crazy environment
- How to find hot speaker topics guaranteed to sell.
- How to become a credible expert on the topic of your choice . . .
and have fun doing it.
- How to do simple title switching to sell more programs . . . "A
program by any other name would sound as sweet" (Thomas Shakespeare)
- How to package yourself to look like a top pro . . . and do it on a
bare bones budget.
- Learn cool insider details about video demonstration tapes.
- Discover the secrets of "one-sheets" and how this simple piece of
paper can make you and save you thousands of dollars.
- How to get rock 'em, sock 'em testimonials and use them to create
- Find out why meeting planners are terrified to book us . . . and
what you can do about it.
- Ya gotta have 'em . . . Fee schedules, press kits, bios . . . You'll
learn in 3 minutes everything you need.
- Why you should try to immediately DISQUALIFY everyone who wants to
- Why you have to watch out for the "FED EX BANDITS!"
- Surefire tips to get articles published "about" you.
- Surefire tips to get articles published "by" you.
- How to Use high-tech Affiliate programs to increase product sales .
. . while you are snoring.
- How to get a $5000.00 video demo tape for FREE . . . I've got 2 of
- How to recycle educational materials to quadruple your profits.
- Basic marketing for speakers . . . including cold calling (yuck),
contract back, commission-based, no fee previews and referrals.
- Website linking . . . cooperate with your friends and get more
business for all.
- Using Bulk Email programs . . . without being a lowlife spammer.
"Advanced Speaker Marketing
Just one tip can make you or save you
thousands of dollars.
- Electronic Newsletter Marketing. You'll reach thousands of prospects
at virtually no cost to you.
- How to raise your fee $1000.00 immediately and close more deals.
- A wild and crazy and coolest tip ever to pre-sell tons of product at
banquets and luncheons.
- How to market on airplanes . . . I did my last 20 booksignings at
- How to print program sheets one at a time (and make them look like
they came from the printer). This is WAY better looking than the "paper
- How to use database marketing to significantly increase the value of
each engagement when you are on the road.
- Distinctive (and cheap) packaging ideas that make your promo
materials stand out in the crowd.
- Media marketing methods . . .. When they see you, or hear you in the
media they call and ask "are you available?" . . . I love that. hahaha
Plus I just got called for a $100,000.00 contract from one mention in a
- How to pre-sell large amounts of products and educational materials.
No more breaking your back hauling books and tapes around the country
AND no shipping unsold stuff back home.
- Website tips that get 10,000 prospects per month to your site. . . .
Last month I got over 150,000 pageviews.
- How to use dirt cheap autoresponders to send out your marketing
message to those who want it . . . for only a dollar a month.
- What to say and what NOT to say when marketing to associations and
I've learned so much about the speaking business
I believe in "Waking People Up" when I speak. You can do it
too. You can learn:
- Over 1000 advanced speaking tips and techniques
- About Pre-program Questionnaires . . . The audience and planners
will virtually tell you what to say to get high evaluations.
- Comprehensive International International Speaking Techniques . . .
Don't panic when you face a foreign audience.
- Heirloom Handouts . . . They'll keep them forever when you use
- The Lastest, Greatest Seating Methods . . . Easy to use diagrams.
- Professional Level Introductions . . . Advanced Template. You fill
in the blanks.
- Wake 'em Up Openings . . . 4 types of formula openings so you'll
always have a variety.
- Instantly Usable Speaker Material . . . .Some lines just never get
- Attention Gaining Devices . . . You'll make insomniacs out of the
audience members when you use these 11 simple techniques.
- Speaking Formulas . . . Why beat your head against the wall to
develop material. Just fill in the blanks.
- Hard Hitting Closings . . . When you deliver these, they'll know you
- Material Selection . . . Learn how to make appropriate choices to
suit any audience.
- Tons of Professional Level Delivery Tips . . . and I mean
- 51 Stage Fright Strategies . . . Simply pick the mix that calms you
- Timing . . . Learn the secrets of knowing when to pause.
- Humor Placement . . . Where does it go? When should I use humor? You
won't have to wonder anymore.
- 5 Genius Techniques . . . Move over Einstein. You've got the theory
of relativity, but I've got the microphone.
- Bomproofing . . . You'll never deliver a dud after your learn these
- Saver Lines . . . Learn what to say to turn a turkey into a swan.
- 100 Pre-planned ad-libs . . . You'll look like a quick wit when you
use these lines.
- Stage Movement . . . Where's the power on stage. This section tells
- Clothing Tips . . . Patterns, solids, pockets, ties, jewelry . . . a
potpouri of handy info.
- 6 Involvement Techniques . . . Audiences demand it . . . now you
have lots of ways to deliver it.
- Emotional Language . . . Learn how to pick your words to push their
- Practice Techniques . . . Fantastic tricks that make you look
smooooooooth . . . and they take no time at all.
- 34 Ways to Be Funny . . . and only 1 is has anything to do with
- Storytelling . . . You will really learn how to paint pictures in
the audiences member's minds . . . 27 dos and don'ts tell you how.
- Sources and Organization of Material . . . Find your stuff fast with
these handy tips.
- Audio Visual Equipment . . . How to get the most out of the old
- Visual Design including the psychology of color . . . Kodak helped
me learn this.
- Action Plan
- Speaker Resources
- Room Setup Checklists
- Tips for Television & Videotape and Videoconferencing
- Banquet / Luncheon Tips
- Speaking Glossary
- Giant Bibliography
- Technical & Financial Presentations
- Sales Presentations
- Tips for Women Presenters by 12 of the Top Female speakers in the
The tips, strategies and secrets mentioned in the above lists are the
most effective and modern techniques available anywhere to put your
speaking business on the fast track.
There are literally hundreds of different ways to get into the speaking
business. You will learn which ones are the easiest, fastest and most
effective and which are a waste of time. I will show you step-by-step, how
to make insane profits marketing your speaking products and services. I
will also show you all the secrets of being awesome when you step on the
No nonsense, no deep theory . . . just plenty of proven techniques that
are easy to implement and work in the real world.
You don't need to be a great orator. You don't need any long and boring
theory classes. You can start earning some income from your knowledge and
experience literally within the first week and you'll get better and
better the longer you're at it.
I'll show you techniques that make it possible for anyone to start
cashing in today in the speaking/training market. I cut through the fog
and show you what it really takes to consistently make money with your
knowledge and experience.
I learned this from consistently making thousands of dollars month in
and month out with a remarkably simple auto-pilot system. And almost
anyone can duplicate this success. Once you get your auto-pilot system set
up, you can spend your time creating more products to sell to your ever
And the real beauty of this is that I do all the above sitting at my
desk in my shorts and T shirt. I usually have my feet up on the side of
the desk too. No power suit every day. No fighting traffic and if I
don't like someone, I don't have to deal with them.
Most people want a get rich quick scheme and expect to make money
overnight. Others are more realistic and believe they will be lucky to
make any in the first six months. Most of the time the latter is true . .
.however, I you could easily start turning a profit a week after you
create your first speech and informational product. Once you get the
method down, you can repeat it over and over whenever you feel like it.
Get your auto-pilot system going and you'll get new people . .
. hundreds of them per month . . . wanting your ideas, products and
services and you'll be on your way to huge profits in the speaking
If you don't think you have a topic right now or information that
people would want to buy, you are wrong. I will show you how to turn your
life experience and knowledge into salable topics that people will pay
Here is What Other People Say
"You are an absolute genius! The more I work my way through your ideas,
the more amazed I am.
"Want to let you know that I really love your regular
newsletter by email (your website is good too, but I find the regular
hints and tips particularly useful). Your guidance has helped me to
breathe new life into my presentations and focus more on my
Data Protection & Security Officer,
Information Systems Strategy Unit
have read half your book and LOVE IT. It is by far the best presentation
skills book I have ever read, and I think I've read them all. --
There are so many gems in this I can't believe it. You did a
fabulous, generous job. Congratulations."
Speakers Association member
I recently received your newsletter that I
enjoy reading and using the tips from... The dueling flip charts was
fantastic. I has a presentation to some aspiring managers two days
later, organized an extra flip chart and had some great fun and learning
opportunities all round.
"Tom's program and materials will
cut five years off a speaker's learning
Cavett Robert, Founder, National
"Wake 'em Up teaches you to be
irresistible as a presenter."
Hansen, Co-Author of the #1 New York Times Best-selling series, Chicken
Soup for the Soul
"Mastering the skills in Tom's
program will virtually guarantee you will always be in demand as a
President, Walters International Speakers Bureau, Co-Author Speak and
"I went ahead and popped the first videocassette in
the VCR. The very first tip is worth at least double the cost of the
Patrick Wahl, DMD, MBA
National Speakers Association
"Some speakers need polish in our presentation skills, others (like me)
need polish in our marketing skills. Tom's program does an awesome job of
doing both. Take a chance on these materials and you will gain something
worthwhile -- maybe lots of things!"
Rod Jurado, Managing
The Profitable Group
Get the Experts Advice
What do you think is the fastest way to double or triple your profits
in the speaking business? I have learned over many agonizing years of
expensive trial and error, that the fastest and easiest way is to .
. . model someone who is already successful.
But how do you do this? How can you convince someone who is wildly
successful to take their extremely valuable time to tell you and show you
exactly what steps they take . . .the techniques they use . . and to tell
you what works and doesn't work for them? Why would they provide you with
complete information about their tricks of the trade?
Unless you have a tremendous amount of money to spend in order to hire
the most successful speakers in the world . . you won't have access to the
secrets that could skyrocket your business into an overnight success.
The thing is . . . you don't have to waste your money or your time.
We've done it for you! We've discovered and tested dozens of insider
techniques and tricks that will help you increase your profits
exponentially . . . and in record time!
Stop risking all your time, effort and money! Let the experts show
you hundreds of proven and time tested ways to get your speaking business
going FAST! so you can start the profits rolling in.
You can catapult your profits to a new level with these insider secrets
and strategies that can be applied immediately to your business.
Why not invest in your ability to take control of your profits,
increase your lifestyle and make a substantial amount of money simply
because you chose to get yourself The Wake 'em Up Professional Speaking
System so that you can discover the secrets of turning your
knowledge and experience into CASH?
The Wake 'em Up Speaking System consists of two large binders
containing over 7 hours of video on 6 VHS tapes (NTSC or PAL format) and
the Wake 'em Up! 336 page Reference Book. The entire system
contains over 1000 tips and techniques you need to know to be a top
professional speaker. You also get The Wake 'em Up! 77 page
action guide to lead you easily through the system. You can get right down
to business the minute you receive it.
Why I quit giving guarantees. I have a long history of helping
speakers. What I have found is that the people who buy this system on a
lark or just to see what I have to say are either ripoffs or don't have
much chance of success anyway.
I only want to deal with people who are deadly serious about learning
how to thrive in a new career. Sure, I don't mind if you just want to
dabble in speaking, but I'm not going to send you my hard earned knowledge
so you can steal it and then ask for a refund when you come up a little
short for Christmas money. I'm also not going to spend time with you on
the phone trying to help you. I get $500.00 per hour for that now. I'm
sorry, but I'm not giving up my time for free and you won't want to give
your hard earned knowledge away either when I teach you what I'm going to
The value you will be receiving in this system comes from the knowledge
from the books, audio tapes, video tapes and CD's. It's just like in
the magic industry. You absolutely can't return magic tricks, videos,
props, etc. because once you know the trick you got the value. So make
sure you really want this for you and your family because this product in
I will, however, be glad to certify that every single thing written in
the description above is in the system. If you buy the system and
challenge me on the above statement, I'll be glad to take the time to
point out where the item is in the course. If I show you something that
you're challenging, you agree to pay me for my time. How's that? Is that
fair? But guess what. I don't want to do that. I want you to study and
apply the techniques and get the success your deserve if you work at it.
Here's two notes I got in the same week from two people who bought the
same system you are buying (along with my thoughts about what they wrote):
"Tom, I'm returning the system because I didn't realize
it was this involved to become a speaker."
Name withheld to protect the
My thoughts: YOU DIDN'T REALIZE IT WAS THIS INVOLVED??? Well where was
your mind when we did your first one hour consultation when I said at
least 10 times "this is a lot of work and no get rich quick scheme?" Were
you just BSing me when YOU said "Yes, absolutely I'm willing to do all the
work and whatever it takes to become a professional
"Tom, Just wanted to let you know what
happened today. It must have turned out ok:) Matt and I received
a thunderous standing ovation!! Matt played without missing a note,
and I had them both laughing and crying. It felt wonderful!! I used all
your suggestions regarding the quote at the beginning and the end and
somewhere in between. I had Matt play "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" at
the end and everyone sang along, and I had cards made up with my quote on
them, and gave them out along with my card with my book info, and a gold
bookmarker for each attendee. Thank you for all your help!!! It made
all the difference!!"
My thoughts: This is the kind of person who is going to be
really, really successful. She invested in the Wake 'em Up Video
Professional Speaking System to shorten her learning curve. She used
the information to get ideas and then put them into play. She used her
consultation time with me to get more ideas, and to tell her how to place
them in her speech and deliver them to get massive impact. . . . Her words
tell you the results. . . . Matt and I received a thunderous standing
Which type of person are you? If you are a note one person, don't buy
because I'm not giving your money back and you can use the system as a
doorstop . . . pretty expensive door stop wouldn't you say?
If you are like the note two person, order immediately and let's get
moving making you an awesome speaker. I will kill myself to try to help
you reach your goals.
You can get on the fast track to making money in the speaking business
by ordering your copy of The Wake 'em Up Video Professional Speaking
System. The cost of this course is just $1597, (We're so confident of
your success, we'll finance it for you), but as an Internet marketing test
and until the deadline below, it is just $1297. I think you will agree
that this is a tremendous bargain. Especially when you consider, I don't
break any of my students in at less than $1500.00 to $2500.00 per speech.
If you've got a solid business background or compelling personal story,
you could break in at $5,000.00 or more per speech.
and I'll include FREE the Make 'em
Laugh Six CD Audio Album (an $89.95 value). Over 4 1/2 hours of
advanced humor delivery training. Keep the learning going while you are in
the car or exercising. Order now and you'll get the FREE 6-CD set and have
this top-notch income generating system in about 3 days. ALSO,
order today and you'll get three phone consultations with me to
personalize the information for you. One before you start. One during your
studies and one after you get through the course. I'll be your personal
coach to Great Speaking financial independence.
Just to "sweeten" the deal I will include the following bonuses: Order
by the above deadline and you will receive free the completely revised
icon book of the speaking industry Speak and Grow Rich by Dottie
and Lilly Walters.. (a $16.95 value).
Order right now and you'll also get my one-of-a-kind ebook on CD
Click: The Ultimate Guide to Electronic Marketing for Speakers.
Speakers MUST understand how to create a web presence and my book is
the only one of it's kind for the speaking industry. It's 550 pages, with
over 700 links to websites you need to know about. This CD alone will save
you thousands of dollars in dumb mistakes that speakers make when
listening to web designers. One of my websites only cost $650.00 and
got Best-of-the-Web in INC Magazine. This book will teach you
exactly how I did it and will show you how you can sell your knowledge on
the web, via email courses, TelePhone Seminars and a host of other ways.
(a $112.00 value)
One more bonus I'll throw in is my two hour CD set, "How to Sell a Ton
at the Back of the Room". I regularly sell $30,000.00 - $60,000.00 at the
back of the room and I just had my all time high of $185,000.00 with only
550 people in the audience.
By the way, many people ask if I am available for consultation or
personal coaching. My hourly rate is $500.00 per hour, but most people
don't need it once they go through the course and get the three free
consultations. (If you are interested in my speaker marketing/performance
consultations, email me directly at email@example.com) After you have reviewed the system, I
will be your personal coach to Great Professional Speaking. I'll help you
with any aspect of speaking you choose, whether it's marketing, delivery,
speech development, or research. I'll be right there personally making
sure you are on the right track. (and don't forget you get three free
sessions included with the system)
Although I'd love to have you as a consulting client think about these
figures and see how simply purchasing the system makes the most sense. If
you had me do a speech on everything in this course it would take me two
days just to cover the material and cost you nearly $17,000.00. If I
consulted with you on the phone it would cost you about $8000.00. Your
small investment in this course will reap you an outrageous return on your
The price of this course is a painless drop in the bucket compared to
the money you are going to lose in your lifetime without this professional
level speaking and marketing know-how. Look at it this way . . .
You really cannot afford not to invest in this course.
There are three easy ways to order:
The fastest way to order is
If you want us to finance your speaking system and give you your
special discount price, you put $597.00 down plus S&H by the deadline
above and we finance the rest for you with six easy payments of $116.66.
Cash discount. - Pay all at once by the above deadline and we'll give
you the rock bottom price of only $997.00 Click
Call toll-free in the continental USA 800-448-6280 (24 hours a day, 7
days a week) Outside the US 757-431-1366.
Order through either of the above links and you can print out the
order form and fax it to: 757-431-2050
In the USA the course is shipped by US Priority Mail. You will receive
the course in about 3 days and can get started the same day you receive
it. You can be doubling or even tripling your profits by next week.
If you are looking for a simple Toastmasters course this is NOT it.
They have many fine clubs around the world. This is all the "hard-core"
secrets on how to truly make money in the speaking business. I am not here
to explain to you that you should reduce the number of "ums" and "ahs"
during a speech. If that's all you want, don't buy this course. This
course is designed to give you all the tricks and "insider" techniques to
make some serious money selling your knowledge and experience in the form
of speeches, training sessions and informational products.
We are talking about a real-life, nuts and bolts, down-to-earth,
step-by-step system for pumping out information that makes you money . .
time and time again. Just one of the great techniques, tips and secrets
could easily pay for your whole investment many times over.
Don't put off sending your order if you're at all interested. This
information could be invaluable to your business and could be worth many
tens of thousands of dollars in future income for you and your family.
Call, fax, or order online today.
Tom Antion, President
Great Speaking, and Wake 'em Up Systems
P.S. Still not convinced you need this "cutting edge" home-study
course? Let me give you one more reason why I think this course is
ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL for anyone serious about their future in the speaking
business and why it is such a dynamite program. If you are not using The
Wake 'em Up Video Professional Speaking System, you're losing
money! Remember this discounted offer is only available until
P.P.S Guess what? This course is most likely tax deductible as a
business expense because it is training material.
Copyright © 1998 - 2004